Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Reflections on the Course

I truly enjoyed my time in FilmP 150. The course managed to make interesting a number of things I had expected to be too boring for me to ever successfully learn. The hands-on experience offered in the labs made things considerably more engaging.

The course was well-structured and I felt that all of the important information was covered thoroughly. I don't know why we had two professors, but I appreciated the exposure to a different perspective.

Although the first quiz was a little tricky, I felt that the expectations for the midterm were made perfectly clear (hopefully this will prove true of the final as well).

I am a media studies major, but my focus is on the theoretical aspect of the discipline. Though I have no intention of going into any sort of technical production career, I feel I learned many skills that will help me in my work.

I enjoyed the opportunity to learn photoshop and have continued to experiment with it at home now that we've finished the section. I also particularly appreciated the film/still camera unit. I had been in the market for a camera for some time, but knew too little to choose one. I was later able to make a (relatively) informed decision and even to feign a degree of expertise, which felt pretty good.

I felt that a few of the more technical explorations were a bit tedious, but I suppose that is an intrinsic facet and that I should probably stop complaining. At any rate, I found these subjects considerably more compelling than I have in past encounters.

In summary: Even I, who admittedly enjoy most of my courses, was surprised by how much I enjoyed the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment